It was a brief meeting with a stranger in India, that had me face to face the Dalai Lama. In his house of residence, whilst I was travelling India. It doesn't get much cooler than that.
I'd always wanted to meet the Dalai Lama and had written it on my bucket list. But I didn't think it would actually happen. How could it? How would my path cross with the Dalai Lama's? Well it did.
Listen now to hear how to go from a wild and crazy travel idea, to it actually happening...
This travel episode is about ...
- Having a Bucket List to use as a Travel Guide (get help and exampled here)
- Wanting to meet the Dalai Lama but not knowing HOW I was going to do it
- Dalai Lama scheduled to be in London when I was in India
- Himachal Pradesh - see something different in India
- Randomly being approached by a stranger who asked me three times “are you here for the teaching?"
- A change to his schedule
- Getting photos and passes to see the Dalai Lama
- Waiting in anticipation to see him come out of his home for the teaching
- A wave of silence over the crowd and being in awe
- Thinking everyone's going to be cheering – but instead pure silence
- How a 10 second decision took my travel experience to a higher level
- Having the courage to wave, yes wave at the Dalai Lama and his response
- Being surprised at the reaction of the audience on his way back to his home
- Arriving in Australia to receive a package from home that contained my bucket list and the realisation that I had met the Dalai Lama
Yes you could go to India, but what if you went to India and met the Dalai Lama?